Tuesday 29 March 2016

My Learning Goals

Description:
Today we looked through our reports from last year. We identified a next step (goal) for reading, writing and maths. Here are my goals:


Maths: My next step is to use 'tidy tys' when adding and subtracting e.g. 185-7 as- (185-5)-2


To achieve this goal I will: try my hardest.

Reading: My next step is to persevere when self-correcting words which I am unsure of.


To achieve this goal I will: chunk the words up like hard-est and chu-nk.

Writing: MY next step is to write for different purposes using a range of genres such as explanations and instructions.


To achieve this goal I will: try to do my extra hardest on my goal.


We also looked at our STAR results.
  • Word recognition I got 8 out of 10.
  • Sentence comprehension I got 10 out of 10.
  • Paragraph comprehension I got 10 out of 15.
  • Vocabulary I got 9 out of 10.


I am going to focus on: Paragraph comprehension


To improve in this area I will: practice practice and more practice until I get 10 out of 10 in Paragraph comprehension.

No comments:

Post a Comment